Sunday, March 7, 2010

My RPG. Part 4

I started university this week, which is my excuse for the lateness this post. I'm going to try and get at least one post a week from now on.

So, this week I got a new member of the RPG project. Mitchell Crouch. He's been working away at making new races and a world.

Now, the game is a fantasy game, with swords and bows and magic. But I didn't want typical fantasy races. So, no elves, no dwarfs, no orcs. So, I told Mitchell how many races I wanted (less than 20) and let him go to work.

Here are the results.

Rounded
Manfolk (monkey)
Combat
Antherans (lion)
Molluscans (snail)
Veloci (raptor)
Stealth
Gnolls (hyena)
Arachs (insect)
Podida (kangaroo)
Magic
Hnoca (sea anemone)
Tiloca(antelope)
Naga (serpent)

The animal in brackets is what kind of race it is. The Podida are a race of Kangaroo people, the Naga are snake people. The manfolk are basically humans, but I think they have tails.

The divisions (Rounded, Combat, Stealth, Magic) are there as a general descriptions of where they should be better at. So the Manfolk should be good at everything and the Naga should make good spellcasters. That's not to say that they would make bad tanks, it's just that they won't be as tanky as a Molluscan, for example.

I'll try and convince Mitchell to write out some kind of description for each race, and I'll post them up as I get them. I'm also a bit behind on the code and such things, so I'll be mostly posting world building stuff for a while, until I get some proper mechanics going.

-Shadowfred

No comments:

Post a Comment