Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nuzlocke Challenge

Long time no blog post.

Well, first things first. The chess game.

It took me about a week to get started, then I got all the pieces moving, and taking. Then I pretty much got bored, plus I had a bunch of uni assignments to do. I still need to fix up a couple of things, like pawns moving and attacking properly, plus castling. I also grabbed some TF2 pictures and started using them in place of my hand made pieces. Here's a couple of screenshots.


Pretty cool, right? Anyways, I might get around to finishing it off after my exams are over.

Now, onto the actual topic of this post. The Nuzlocke Challenge.

So, I started doing the challenge a couple of weeks ago, at the same time as Mitchell, and it is really hard to get started. In a normal game, a pokemon faints and it's fine. You go back to the pokemon centre and everything is good. The challenge means that if you don't pay attention to your health, or fight someone too strong, you have to start all over again. I had to do at least 5 restarts before I got past the first few gyms. I started out out on emerald and eventually decided to give it a shot on Fire Red. Yesterday I finally finished and beat the elite four. This was my super awesome team.


I only lost V284 against my rival's Gyarados when I went up against the elite four. I did go through a whole bunch of full restores though.

So now I feel like playing through again, but I'm not sure how to restrict myself. So I'm putting it out to anyone who sees this post. What restrictions or rules should I use for my next playthrough of Fire Red? Respond in the comments or on the link I'm going to put up on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment